At Elastic, we see endless possibility in a world of endless data. And we use the power of search to help people and organizations turn that possibility into results. Elastic is the leading platform for search-powered solutions. With solutions in Enterprise Search, Observability, and Security, we help improve customer and employee search experiences, keep critical applications running smoothly, and protect against cyber threats. Elastic enables organizations worldwide to use the power of Elastic, including Netflix, Uber, BBC, Microsoft, and thousands of others.
Elastic was built on a foundation of being free and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organization and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture.
- Elastic’s Professional Services team works across every technology and system to deliver solutions for our customers. Our Services Sales Partner is essential to the growth of our Services business and play an essential role in growing our practice, and you will have ownership of our customer's Services journey from pre-sales to go-live while building trusted customer relationships including C-level.
- The Services Sales Partner must be a strategic thinker with exceptional enterprise, commercial, and cross-functional skills, demonstrate high energy and have strong sales management experience. The Services Sales Partner is responsible for earning the right to be a trusted advisor to the customer, with the primary goal of helping customers generate significant business value from their Elastic investment. This individual will be expected to understand and manage our customers throughout their lifecycle, driving adoption through sales activity for new and existing customers; this will include pipeline generation and delivering sales presentations to C-level clients. Under Elastic’s co-sell model, you will collaborate deeply with our Sales and Customer Success teams. The primary measurement of success for this role will be YOY growth in overall services bookings and customer satisfaction.
- Complete Elastic training and become an expert in our consulting methodologies and practices
- Evangelize Elastic’s ability to deliver business outcomes and our delivery methodology to our customers
- Exceed growth and bookings, ensure organizational health and customer satisfaction goals as a Engagement Manager
- Utilize industry expertise and business acumen to understand a customer's motivation, business drivers, strategic goals and objectives, and desired business outcomes
- Engage customers, especially C-Level, using a consultative selling approach that positions Elastic and yourself as a long-term trusted advisor relationship
- Create a compelling vision and clearly communicate our transformative solutions with the goal of generating significant success and business value from a customer's investment in the Elastic Stack
- Develop and manage a territory plan and a personalized account plan for each customer, which aligns with their business goals.
- Forecast accurately and timely, build a pipeline, and progress opportunities to deliver YOY growth
- Form a strong relationship with the Sales, Customer Success organization, and regional Alliances/Partner organizations that are instrumental to success. You should be able to operate in a co-sell model, collaborate, and build relationships
- Be an integral part of hiring and mentoring new Engagement Managers
- Contribute to enhancing our delivery methodology, services practice, and industry POV's
- Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- 10+ years of consultative sales experience with a proven record of consistently exceeding quota
- Of which, 5+ years experience selling and/or delivering professional services for a strategic consulting firm, large scale system integrator, or professional services unit within a software company
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain C-level relationships where you are recognized as a trusted advisor
- Experience growing accounts with large and complex pursuits ($M+)
- Highly collaborative and excels in a complex, matrixed environment
- Experience in creating outstanding responses to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFP
- Project/account management experience
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment
- Leadership Qualities:
- PASSION: Passionate about Customer Success
- BEGINNERS MIND: Always learning, approaches each interaction with an open mind, a great listener, and hands-on
- THOUGHT LEADER: Strong point of view and executive presence. Confident, but not arrogant, a great storyteller
- URGENCY: Ability to move fast and drive business value and results
- TEAM PLAYER: A team player that everyone enjoys working with and has a generous heart
- TRUST: Trust the company’s core values
- ADAPTABLE: Excels in high levels of uncertain
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match donations 1:1 up to $1500 USD (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
We welcome individuals with disabilities and strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all individuals. To request an accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org We will reply to your request within 24 business hours of submission.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.