At Elastic, we see endless possibility in a world of endless data. And we use the power of search to help people and organizations turn that possibility into results. Elastic is the leading platform for search-powered solutions. With solutions in Enterprise Search, Observability, and Security, we help improve customer and employee search experiences, keep critical applications running smoothly, and protect against cyber threats. Elastic enables organizations worldwide to use the power of Elastic, including Netflix, Uber, BBC, Microsoft, and thousands of others.
Elastic was built on a foundation of being free and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organization and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture.
- Elastic’s Professional Services team works across every technology and system to deliver solutions for our customers. Our Practice Leaders are essential to the growth of our Services team of consultants and play an essential role in growing our practice to keep up with the increasing demand.
- The Practice Leader will be a leader, coach, and strategic thinker with exceptional enterprise, commercial, and cross-functional skills who demonstrates high energy with strong people management experience. This individual will be responsible for building, developing, and managing a team of Elastic professional services consultants who work with customers to architect and implement Elastic solutions to drive customer business value from our products. You will play a key part in our Global Services practice growth, help develop standards, delivery practices, new methodologies and help our organization continually define methods and delivery excellence. The primary measurement of success for this role will be YOY growth in services revenue while consistently meeting utilization targets and customer satisfaction.
- Complete Elastic training and internalize Elastic’s outcome-based services sales and delivery methodology.
- Lead and grow the team of consultants within Asia Pacific and Japan for a specific technology practice - responsible for managing, assisting, and mentoring consultants to meet their goals, performance, development, and other related needs
- Coach, motivate, and train Elastic Professional Services team members and consultants to improve their knowledge, delivery quality, and efficiency by establishing strategic practice plans and operational practices (e.g., people, skill sets, processes, policies, and coaching) for existing and new services team members
- Responsible for team enablement and annual skills assessment and development
- Participate in resource planning and consistently evaluate the resource needs of the practice to align with the organization’s strategic goals.
- Be an essential part of developing a strategy to grow the team through hiring and mentoring in anticipation of approaching delivery capacity or limited required skill sets.
- Contribute to enhancing our delivery methodology, services practice, and industry Point of Views
- Define standardization and compliance to global delivery practices
- Partner with other Elastic Services leaders to ensure effective management, identification, and scheduling resource assignments and staffing levels for reporting consultants
- Effectively partner with cross-functional leaders across Elastic to drive and contribute to key strategic Initiatives.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- 8+ years of consulting practice leadership experience including people management, practice strategy, and administrative experience
- 4+ years of consulting experience
- Experience with managing large teams and giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Demonstrated the ability with establishing and leading high growth practices
- Highly collaborative and excels in a complex, matrixed environment
- Professional Services Automation (PSA) experience
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or computer science or equivalent experience
- MBA is a plus
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment
- PASSION: Passionate about Customer Success
- BEGINNERS MIND: Always learning, approaches each interaction with an open mind, a great listener, and hands-on
- THOUGHT LEADER: Strong point of view and executive presence. Confident, but not arrogant, a great storyteller
- URGENCY: Ability to move fast and drive business value and results
- TEAM PLAYER: A team player that everyone enjoys working with and has a generous heart
- TRUST: Trust the company’s core values
- ADAPTABLE: Excels in high levels of uncertainty and change
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email email@example.com.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.