Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
You will have the opportunity to work with a tremendous Services, Engineering and Sales teams and wear many hats. This is a critical role, as Consultants have an amazing chance to make an immediate impact on the success of Elastic and our customers.
Are you an experienced security practitioner who has worked in roles such as security consultant, incident handler or security engineer, who has used the Elastic Stack and endpoint security solutions to enable security analytics processes and operations? Do you also enjoy helping mentor and share your learned knowledge with others in an engaging manner, and love Elasticsearch and its ecosystem? Then please apply and meet our team.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Deliver Elastic solutions to drive customer business value from our products
- Solution design, development, and integration of Elastic products and APIs, platform architecture, and capacity planning in mission-critical environments
- Strong customer advocacy, relationship building, and communications skills
- Comfortable working remotely in a highly distributed team
- Development of demos and proof-of-concepts that highlight the value of the Elastic Stack
- Data modeling, query development and optimization, cluster tuning and scaling with a focus on fast search and analytics at scale
- Solving our customers’ most challenging data problems
- Working closely with the Elastic engineering, product management, and support teams to identify feature enhancements, extensions, and product defects
- Engaging with the Elastic Sales team to scope opportunities while assessing technical risks, questions, or concerns
What You Bring Along:
- Hands-on experience deploying a solution with the Elastic Stack, plus experience with endpoint security solutions such as Elastic Endpoint Security (formerly Endgame)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Software Engineer, System Administrator, or DevOps Engineer
- Experience working as a Security Analyst, preferably utilizing SIEM or endpoint security applications
- Should have a fundamental understanding and experience of security tool capabilities
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working as a Consultant, working to deliver and execute on professional services engagements
- Experience as a technical instructor or public speaker to large audiences on enterprise infrastructure software technology to engineers, developers, and other technical positions
- Experience as a Security Consultant working close with our pre-sales organization in scoping the needs of our Customers
- Excel at working directly with customers to gather, prioritize, plan and execute solutions to customer business requirements as it relates to our technologies
- Understanding and passion for open-source technology and knowledge and proficient in at least one programming language
- Hands-on experience with large distributed systems from an architecture and development perspective
- Knowledge of information retrieval and/or analytics domain
- Ability to travel up to 65% of the time
- Understanding of Linux, Java and databases
- Deep understanding of Elasticsearch and Lucene, including Elastic Certified Engineer certification
- Endpoint tool skills and experience ingesting network feeds into Elastic for security purposes
- Strong knowledge of Java and Linux/Unix environment, software development, and/or experience with distributed systems
- BS in Computer Science or related Information Security / Cybersecurity field
- Information Security and Cybersecurity certifications
- Specialized training in Information Security and Cybersecurity
- Knowledge of the Mitre ATT&CK framework
- Understanding of Windows, Mac, and Linux Operating Systems
- Experience and interest in delivering and/or developing product training
- Experience contributing to an open-source project or documentation
- French, Spanish and/or German speaker
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.