Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
Elastic is growing our Services Team to support the US Federal customers in the DC Metro area as well as various other locations.
If you are an experienced Program or Project Manager that is looking for a role in support of the United States Department of Defense, we want to meet you!
The successful candidate will be happy working on their own initiative and will not require micro-management. Most of the team works remotely, and we are happy to consider you wherever you live, East Coast preferred.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal teams, Stakeholders and third parties/vendors
- Develop comprehensive project plans to monitor and track progress
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
What You Bring Along:
- 5+ Years Working in the U.S. Federal/SLED environment as an Program Manager or Project Manager
- PMP Certification
- Clear, concise, timely, and accurate communications (both written and verbal) with the right audience. Drives business and technical discussions.
- Project Management Information System experience: Monday.com, MS Project to name a few
- Creates Project Management Plan, including project milestones/timelines, manages project hours
- Runs all project-related meetings
- Ensures team is committing appropriately and delivering according to commitments
- Active U.S. Federal security clearance - Secret or higher
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of Elasticsearch and/or Lucene a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization.
- Strong communication, relationship building, and organization skills
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.