At Elastic, we see endless possibility in a world of endless data. And we use the power of search to help people and organizations turn that possibility into results. Elastic is the leading platform for search-powered solutions. With solutions in Enterprise Search, Observability, and Security, we help improve customer and employee search experiences, keep critical applications running smoothly, and protect against cyber threats. Elastic enables organizations worldwide to use the power of Elastic, including Netflix, Uber, BBC, Microsoft, and thousands of others.
Elastic was built on a foundation of being free and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organization and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture.
Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC Learn more at elastic.co
You will have the opportunity to work with a tremendous services, engineering and sales team and wear many hats. This is a critical role, as Consultants have an amazing chance to make an immediate impact on the success of Elastic and our customers.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Lead and deliver Elastic solutions to drive customer business value from our products
- Solution design, deployment, and integration of Elastic products and APIs, platform architecture, and capacity planning in mission-critical environments
- Data modeling, query development and optimization, cluster tuning and scaling with a focus on fast search and analytics at scale
- Work with and guide our customers along their ever maturing Cyber journey
- Solve our customers’ most challenging data and cyber security problems
- Work closely with the Elastic Engineering, Product Management, and Support teams to identify feature enhancements, extensions, and product defects
- Engage with the Elastic Sales team to scope opportunities while assessing technical risks, questions, or concerns
- Be a mentor/coach for your fellow Elastic consultants
What You Bring Along:
- At least 2 years hands-on experience deploying Elastic Security solutions or similar domain (Splunk, Arcsight, IBM QRadar). Alternatively at least 2 years experience working as a Security Analyst, preferably utilising SIEM or endpoint security applications in a Threat Detection and Response focussed role
- Knowledge of the MITRE ATT&CK framework and how it can be applied for Enterprise defence
- Fundamental understanding and experience of security tool capabilities
- Excel at working directly with customers to gather, prioritize, plan and execute solutions to customer business requirements as it relates to our technologies
- Understanding and passion for cyber security and open-source technology, as well as knowledge and proficiency in at least one programming language
- Hands-on experience with large distributed systems from an architecture and development perspective
- Understanding of Linux and databases
- Experience utilising programming or scripting languages in a corporate environment
- Knowledge of information retrieval and/or analytics domain
- Ability and willingness to travel and work remotely with our customers
- Comfortable working remotely in a highly distributed team
- Strong customer advocacy, relationship building, presentation and communications skills
- Ability to articulate business value of an outcome based delivery while being technically savvy and hands-on
- Deep understanding of Elasticsearch and Lucene, including having the Elastic Certified Engineer certification
- Experience as a Security Consultant working closely with a pre-sales organization in scoping the needs of Customers
- Experience as a Software Engineer, System Administrator, or DevOps Engineer and proficient in at least one programming language
- Endpoint tool skills and experience ingesting network feeds into Elastic for security purposes
- BS in Computer Science or related Information Security / Cybersecurity field
- Certifications and specialized training in Information Security and Cybersecurity
- Deep understanding of Enterprise cyber defence in large networks
- Understanding of Windows, Mac, Linux Operating Systems, and Java
- Experience as a technical instructor or public speaker to large audiences on enterprise infrastructure software technology to engineers, developers, and other technical positions
- Experience contributing to an open-source project or documentation
- Experience with Statement of Work delivery
- Experience with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Hold a current Security Clearance or have the ability and willingness to obtain it
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match donations 1:1 up to $1500 USD (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
We welcome individuals with disabilities and strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all individuals. To request an accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com We will reply to your request within 24 business hours of submission.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.