At Elastic, we see endless possibility in a world of endless data. And we use the power of search to help people and organizations turn that possibility into results. Elastic is the leading platform for search-powered solutions. With solutions in Enterprise Search, Observability, and Security, we help improve customer and employee search experiences, keep critical applications running smoothly, and protect against cyber threats. Elastic enables organizations worldwide to use the power of Elastic, including Netflix, Uber, BBC, Microsoft, and thousands of others.
Elastic was built on a foundation of being free and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organization and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Lead and deliver Elastic solutions to drive customer business value from our products in the Federal government sector.
- Solution design, development, and integration of Elastic products and APIs, platform architecture, and capacity planning in mission-critical environments
- Data modeling, query development and optimization, cluster tuning and scaling with a focus on fast search and analytics at scale
- Solve our customers’ most challenging data problems
- Work closely with the Elastic Engineering, Product Management, and Support teams to identify feature enhancements, extensions, and product defects
- Engage with the Elastic Sales team to scope opportunities while assessing technical risks, questions, or concerns
- Be a mentor/coach for your fellow Elastic consultants
What You Bring Along:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Software Engineer, System Administrator, or DevOps Engineer
- Excel at working directly with customers to gather, prioritize, plan and execute solutions to customer business requirements as it relates to our technologies
- Hands-on experience with large distributed systems from an architecture and/or development perspective (either on premise infrastructure or public/private cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, GCP, Openstack)
- Comfortable administering and navigating Linux OS, databases (SQL & NoSQL), firewalls, load balancers
- Good understanding of networking, security, containerization, DevOps in system landscapes and infrastructure automation knowledge such as DevSecOps, infrastructure-as-code or serverless.
- Understanding and passion for open-source technology and knowledge
- Competence in at least one of the solutions: Monitoring & Observability / Security Analytics / Search
- Ability and willingness to travel, work onsite or remotely with our customers
- Comfortable working remotely in a highly distributed team
- Strong customer advocacy, relationship building, presentation and communications skills
- Ability to articulate business value of an outcome based delivery while being technically savvy and hands-on
- Eligibility for security clearance
- Deep understanding of Elasticsearch and Lucene, including Elastic Certified Engineer certification
- Experience contributing to an open-source project or documentation
- Knowledge of information retrieval and/or analytics domain
- Experience as a technical instructor or public speaker to large audiences on enterprise infrastructure software technology to engineers, developers, and other technical positions
- Experience with Statement of Work delivery
- Experience with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match donations 1:1 up to $1500 USD (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
We welcome individuals with disabilities and strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all individuals. To request an accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com We will reply to your request within 24 business hours of submission.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.