At Elastic, we see endless possibility in a world of endless data. And we use the power of search to help people and organizations turn that possibility into results. Elastic is the leading platform for search-powered solutions. With solutions in Enterprise Search, Observability, and Security, we help improve customer and employee search experiences, keep critical applications running smoothly, and protect against cyber threats. Elastic enables organizations worldwide to use the power of Elastic, including Netflix, Uber, BBC, Microsoft, and thousands of others.
Elastic was built on a foundation of being free and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organization and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture.
You will have the opportunity to work with a tremendous services, engineering and sales team and wear many hats This is a critical role, as Consultants have an amazing chance to make an immediate impact on the success of Elastic and our customers.
●Lead and deliver Elastic solutions to drive customer business value from our products
● Solution design, deployment, and integration of Elastic products and APIs, platform architecture, and capacity planning in mission-critical environments
● Data modeling, query development and optimization, cluster tuning and scaling with a focus on fast search and analytics at scale
● Solve our customers’ most challenging data problems
● Work closely with the Elastic Engineering, Product Management, and Support teams to identify feature enhancements, extensions, and product defects
● Engage with the Elastic Sales team to scope opportunities while assessing technical risks, questions, or concerns
● Be a mentor/coach for your fellow Elastic consultants
● Hands-on experience deploying Elastic Security solutions or similar domain (Splunk, Arcsight, IBM QRadar)
● Experience working as a Security Analyst, preferably utilising SIEM or endpoint security applications and in Thread Detection Response.
● Fundamental understanding and experience of security tool capabilities
● Experience as a Security Consultant working close with our pre-sales organization in scoping the needs of our Customers
● Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Software Engineer, System Administrator, or DevOps Engineer and proficient in at least one programming language
● Excel at working directly with customers to gather, prioritize, plan and execute solutions to customer business requirements as it relates to our technologies
● Understanding and passion for open-source technology and knowledge and proficient in at least one programming language
● Hands-on experience with large distributed systems from an architecture and development perspective
● Understanding of Linux, Java and databases
● Knowledge of information retrieval and/or analytics domain
● Ability and willingness to travel and work remotely with our customers
● Comfortable working remotely in a highly distributed team
● Strong customer advocacy, relationship building, presentation and communications skills
● Ability to articulate business value of an outcome based delivery while being technically savvy and hands-on
● Deep understanding of Elasticsearch and Lucene, including Elastic Certified Engineer certification
● Endpoint tool skills and experience ingesting network feeds into Elastic for security purposes
● BS in Computer Science or related Information Security / Cybersecurity field
● Certifications and specialized training in Information Security and Cybersecurity
● Specialized training in Information Security and Cybersecurity
● Knowledge of the Mitre ATT&CK framework
● Understanding of Windows, Mac, and Linux Operating Systems
● Experience as a technical instructor or public speaker to large audiences on
enterprise infrastructure software technology to engineers, developers, and other
● Experience contributing to an open-source project or documentation
● Experience with Statement of Work delivery
● Experience with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email email@example.com.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.
Sign in with your social account to receive emails when Elastic posts open positions you might be interested in: