At Elastic, we see endless possibility in a world of endless data. And we use the power of search to help people and organizations turn that possibility into results. Elastic is the leading platform for search-powered solutions. With solutions in Enterprise Search, Observability, and Security, we help improve customer and employee search experiences, keep critical applications running smoothly, and protect against cyber threats. Elastic enables organizations worldwide to use the power of Elastic, including Netflix, Uber, BBC, Microsoft, and thousands of others.
Elastic was built on a foundation of being free and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organization and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture.
The Elastic Pre-Sales Delivery Manager is a proven expert focused on accelerating our Customer’s time to business value through Elastic’s expert professional services & enablement. Through the Pre-Sales Delivery Manager’s relentless pursuit of positioning the right services strategy to our customers they will become a trusted advisor to the customer, field teams and CSG leadership. Reporting to the Sub-region, this individual will partner with the Sales Account & Delivery Teams to position outcome-oriented services offerings for their customers - often requiring customized value propositions. They will be responsible for crafting a services territory strategy, generating proposals and/or statements of work to meet customer needs, and ensuring the customer is satisfied with their Elastic Services investment. The Pre-Sales Delivery Manager will work with all Elastic stakeholders to understand and support our customers throughout their lifecycle, driving adoption through services engagements for both new and existing customers
- Account Team PMO & Services Proposals – For select engaged customers, drive the discovery, ideation and delivery process and next steps with the account team and the customer. Develop and deliver Statements of Work aligned to and ensuring customer value is achieved, based on project milestones and key agreed upon outcomes. The PreSales Delivery Manager is responsible for owning the Services bid & negotiation process, working closely with our Account Executives. Our customers should be extremely satisfied with their investment in Elastic Services.
- Building & Fostering Strong Relationships – Develop deep relationships with customers by tailoring the appropriate services strategy aligned to our customers’ objectives which will increase adoption and long-term success with Elastic Solutions.
- Becoming a Strategic Advisor & Driving Customer Advocacy – Establish a trusted advisor relationship with each assigned customer and create "Elastic Advocates” while transferring knowledge from Services engagements to the broader sales organization
- Pursue Customer Operational Excellence - Working with the “Elastic Advocates” and our Services delivery teams drive to continuously position the right Services which amplify the value of Elastic products while enhancing customer capabilities on our products
- Mastery of your Profession - Our Services drive customer health and our customers should be extremely satisfied with their investment in Elastic Services. Support success plans with a Services POV for portfolio of accounts and proactively work with customers to establish and achieve critical goals
- Demonstrating Elastic Proficiency – Remain up-to-date on Elastic solutions and products and maintain familiarity to all Company methods and procedures.
- Minimum of 8-12 years experience in relevant professional services or pre-sales functions
- Excels at working directly with customers to gather, prioritize, plan and execute solutions to customer business requirements as it relates to technology
- Proficiency in the value and delivery aspects of the technology domain of search, analytics, or related technologies
- Demonstrable experience of owning complex negotiations across terms, contract structure and associated deliverables
- Track record of contributing to the growth of a services business through actions such as: developing best practices, improving sizing, advancing offerings, etc.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, including internationally
- Fluency in Dutch or Scandinavian languages is preferred
- Bonus Points:
- Bachelor or graduate degree in Business/Economics, Computer Science, or related discipline, or comparable certification and experience
- Understanding of our technology space, including Elasticsearch, Linux, Software Development, NoSQL, and/or databases
- Experience working as a billable consultant or project manager is valuable for empathy and understanding
- Passion for open-source technology and business model
- Utilize industry expertise and business acumen to understand a customer's motivation, business drivers, strategic goals and objectives, and desired business outcomes
- Engage customers, especially C-Level to C-level -2;, using a consultative selling approach that positions Elastic and yourself as a long-term trusted advisor relationship
- Create a compelling vision and clearly communicate our transformative solutions with the goal of generating significant success and business value from a customer's investment in the Elastic Platform
- Manage, create and negotiate services bid focused on outcomes aligned to milestones tied to the overall vision of the customers’ project
- Develop and manage a Services territory plan and a personalized strategy for each customer, which aligns with their business goals. Forecast Services accurately and timely
- Form a strong relationship with the License Sales organization and regional Alliances/Partner organizations that are instrumental to success and N&E growth
- Be a recognized role model for collaboration, leadership and overall business results
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match donations 1:1 up to $1500 USD (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
We welcome individuals with disabilities and strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all individuals. To request an accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com We will reply to your request within 24 business hours of submission.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.