Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
We’re looking for Compensation Adviser to help drive our compensation philosophy and programs to support our overall people strategies.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Strategically partner with our Field Ops and Sales functions on all elements of compensation (salary and long-term incentives) including job evaluation & classification within the Elastic job infrastructure
- Create and present comprehensive analysis to assess compensation issues in the business and provide market competitive and business aligned solutions using internal and external benchmark data sources
- Partner and provide thought leadership to HR Business Partners, Recruiting, Sales Operations and line management on the administration of all Elastic compensation programs and policies
- Assist in the planning and management of annual compensation processes and programs (e.g. Annual Compensation Cycle)
- Design and build compensation metrics, reports, and tools to inform compensation program decisions and forecast, report, and/or analyze compensation business outcomes
- Partner with other Global Compensation team members and broader HR team in the design, development and maintenance of various compensation policies and programs
- Evangelise Elastic’s Compensation and Total Rewards Strategy
What You Bring Along:
- A real passion for fast-paced and dynamic environments, the ability to thrive in ambiguity and devote a diversified global view to all you do
- Experience with compensation design and administration
- Solid project management skills
- A dedication to think big, use data to drive strategy, challenge convention, and potentially reinvent how work is done
- A proficiency in optimizing compensation processes and programs with a keen understanding of the balance between structure and flexibility
- The dexterity to balance critical, long term thinking about how we scale and optimize our rapidly growing employee base in tandem with the development and execution of global people strategies
And some of the basics:
- Bachelor's Degree and 12+ years of related experience; or 8 years with a Master’s degree
- 3+ years of experience in compensation analysis, financial analysis, statistical analysis, and/or data modeling is required
- Demonstrable mastery with Excel and Google suite products
- Experience working with HR Business Partners or similar in a business facing role to solve compensation challenges.
- Experience working in a hyper-growth, global organisation and exposure to compensation programs at scale
- Strategic, analytical, critical thinker who isn’t afraid to get into the details; real passion for problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- High degree of integrity and honesty; ability to exercise confidentiality and neutrality in complex and sensitive situations
- A sense of humor and ability to roll with the punches definitely a plus
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.