At Elastic, we see endless possibility in a world of endless data. And we use the power of search to help people and organizations turn that possibility into results. Elastic is the leading platform for search-powered solutions. With solutions in Enterprise Search, Observability, and Security, we help improve customer and employee search experiences, keep critical applications running smoothly, and protect against cyber threats. Elastic enables organizations worldwide to use the power of Elastic, including Netflix, Uber, BBC, Microsoft, and thousands of others.
Elastic was built on a foundation of being free and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organization and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture.
We are hiring a solid Corporate Counsel / Senior Corporate Counsel, with 5 – 7+ years’ experience, to join our expanding EMEA Commercial Legal department in this fast growing, truly globally distributed company.
Reporting to the Senior Director, EMEA Commercial Legal, this position will be ideal for a self-sufficient and resourceful mid-level attorney located in Amsterdam, London or Munich.
What you will be doing:
- Primarily responsible for negotiating and structuring a wide variety of commercial contracts (including channel agreements, cloud/ SaaS and software subscription contracts, and related professional services
contracts), in support of our Sales and Partner organizations in the EMEA Central Region (e.g. Austria, Germany and Switzerland).
- Engage closely with the wider Legal Department spread across the USA and APJ and Elastic’s go-to-market, finance and compliance organization.
- Supporting EMEA & Global Legal team members on ad hoc projects – as directed.
- Help to build and strengthen workflow processes between the Legal Department and other departments within Elastic to enable dealmaking and compliance initiatives.
- Partner with co-workers who are sharp and motivated, combined with a company culture that is open, welcoming and unequaled.
What You Bring Along:
- You are qualified and legally permitted to practice law in Germany and have 5 – 7+ years’ experience in the drafting and negotiation of technology contracts (including cloud/ SaaS and software subscription contracts
and related professional services supply contracts).
- Experience &knowledge of relevant laws and legal systems in jurisdiction(s) in Central Europe (including Austria, Germany and Switzerland).
- You will have the ability to balance legal risks with business strategy. Candidates who have experience both in-house and at a major national or international law firm are preferred.
- You thrive while independently running your own time in a demanding, fast-paced environment, are able to handle ambiguity and rapidly shifting priorities with flexibility, patience, and humour.
Moreover, you have/are:
- A self-starter by nature - you have the proven track history to balance multiple projects and recalibrate advice in view of shifting priorities, legal developments, and risk tolerance.
- Experience with, or at least a good working knowledge of, complex software licensing and cloud business models and related legal issues.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently deliver outstanding results.
- Familiarity with data protection and privacy issues and concerns in the context of technology transactions, as a significant plus.
- Prior experience representing high-growth companies is strongly preferred.
- Ability to collaborate and function well in a distributed team environment.
- Ability to participate in some limited travel requirements.
- Written and spoken German.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match donations 1:1 up to $1500 USD (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
We welcome individuals with disabilities and strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all individuals. To request an accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com We will reply to your request within 24 business hours of submission.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.