Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
As a Solutions Architect at Elastic you will serve as a technical authority and trusted advisor to our sales team, customers, partners and community. You will understand and solve our customer’s business issues with the Elastic Stack, engage the regional Elastic community through events and programs, and enable sales through our Partners. A successful SA at Elastic will be focused on excellence; taking the initiative to improve both themselves and the team through continuous learning and questioning the status quo.
More about you;
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Willingness to travel 50-75% of the time
- Experience working in a remote office and/or multiple customer locations
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, statistics or another technical field is a plus
- Leading Security Certification preferred including CISSP, CEH, or GIAC related certifications a plus
What you bring along;
- Vendor experience such as ArcSight, Splunk, IBM, QRadar, Log Rhythm, Chronicle, Sentinel or similar SIEM Solutions, Exabeam or Securonix
- Hands on SIEM Experience (Legacy or Next Gen Solutions) and understands pros and cons of most of these solutions
- Experience with technology solutions that most customers have made investments in over the last 5-10 years
- Understanding of what gets audited in these data sources in order to drive use cases and success criteria related to data source
- Understanding of how most security solutions integrate with SIEM and logging platforms
- Windows Authentication and Admin knowledge
- Active Directory/LDAP knowledge
- Behavioral Analytics and Machine Learning expertise and can speak to the added value of what anomaly detection could bring to their existing incident response process that may be tied to traditional correlation based alerting.
- Knowledge of Network and Security Solutions, DLP, IAM and other leading security products in most enterprise environments
- Cloud, SaaS, Hybrid Architecture experience can talk to the value of disparate deployment methodologies
- REST API, python, Perl, shell, bash or other scripting/text processing, SQL, regex (nice to have)
- Core knowledge of SOAR, and 3rd Party Solutions that are leveraged today in Day to Day incident response
- 6+ years of successful network and security engineering experience
- Solid grasp of the current threat landscape and the challenges that most organizations are facing
- Knowledge of Red and Blue Team exercises and tools used (mimikatz, Metasploit, bloodhound etc…)
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, Network Analysis and Troubleshooting, Network Security and threat mitigation
- Experienced across network & security architecture and operations
- SOC Operations background/experience
- Familiar with consultative selling principles
- Performed discovery sessions with customers and captured deliverables to develop an engagement plan that outlines use cases that map to success criteria
- Understanding of the various roles within a security team and the additional stakeholders that impact decisions on technology investments
- Understands SOC Process and Procedures and has an understanding of workflow processes
- making process and what is key for them when deciding on a security solution
- Helps influence sales strategy and determine viability of an opportunity and help map out political structure
- Has sector based knowledge that could be leveraged to help drive our story telling and produce anecdotes during the sales cycle
- Provides ideas on a quarterly basis ways to help generate pipeline and is proactive in their region on a quarter by quarter basis
- Understands how to apply those principals as they engage with prospects
- Can tell a compelling story when presenting or demoing a solution
- Experience with responding to RFI and RFP’s for technical solutions
- Manage successful remote and onsite product evaluations
- Work hand in hand with partner/channel and/or internal channel/partner teams
- Experience with network and security forensic analysis is a plus
- Excellent written, and interpersonal skills and
- Currently hold a Top-Secret clearance a plus, but at least be able to submit for a clearance (Federal Role)
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.