At Elastic, we see endless possibility in a world of endless data. And we use the power of search to help people and organizations turn that possibility into results. Elastic is the leading platform for search-powered solutions. With solutions in Enterprise Search, Observability, and Security, we help improve customer and employee search experiences, keep critical applications running smoothly, and protect against cyber threats. Elastic enables organizations worldwide to use the power of Elastic, including Netflix, Uber, BBC, Microsoft, and thousands of others.
Elastic was built on a foundation of being free and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organization and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture.
Are you looking to make a real impact and play a meaningful role in the growth of our company?
As a Solutions Architect at Elastic you will serve as a technical authority and trusted advisor to our sales team, customers, partners and community. You will understand and solve our customer’s business issues with the Elastic Stack, engage the regional Elastic community through events and programs, and enable sales through our Partners.
A successful SA at Elastic will be focused on excellence; taking the initiative to improve both themselves and the team through continuous learning and questioning the status quo.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Serving as the technical point of contact for your accounts and account managers in your assigned territory.
- Developing a deep understanding of customers’ goals and objectives, and articulating how our offerings address their needs.
- Creating and owning value based relationships at all levels in customer organizations.
- Actively participating in all phases of planning and execution for your territory, from initial discovery to the technical win.
- Developing and maintaining a deep understanding of the Elastic products and solutions to demonstrate the value of our offerings in sales meetings, and at events such as meetups and conferences.
- Advising the sales team on effective ways of positioning Elastic products, solutions and services.
- Onboarding, educating and enabling our partners, and supporting them in sales cycles.
- Creating collateral, contributing to programs and collaborating with other Elasticians to meet individual client needs.
- Being the voice of the customer and community to communicate needs, gaps, and enhancements to our engineering and leadership teams.
- Deepening both your sales and technical skills through self driven education while taking advantage of all the professional development opportunities provided by Elastic.
What You Bring Along:
- Hands on SIEM Experience (Legacy or Next Gen Solutions see above) and understands pros and cons of most of these solutions
- Experience with technology solutions that most customers have made investments in over the last 5-10 years
- Understands what gets audited in these data sources in order to drive use cases and success criteria related to data source
- Understands how most security solutions integrate with SIEM and logging platforms
- Deploy and troubleshoot solutions based on Linux based network appliances
- Windows Authentication and Admin knowledge
- Active Directory/LDAP knowledge
- Behavioral Analytics and Machine Learning expertise and can speak to the added value of what anomaly detection could bring to their existing incident response process that may be tied to traditional correlation based alerting.
- Knowledge of Network and Security Solutions, DLP, IAM and other leading security products in most enterprise environments
- Cloud, SaaS, Hybrid Architecture experience can talk to the value of disparate deployment methodologies
- REST API, python, perl, shell, bash or other scripting/text processing, SQL, regex (nice to have)
- Can speak to integrations with 3rd party solutions that would leverage API’s or scripting
- Has core knowledge of SOAR, and 3rd Party Solutions that are leveraged today in Day to Day incident response
- 6 years + of successful network and security engineering experience
- Has a good understanding of the current threat landscape and the challenges that most organizations are facing
- Has knowledge of Red and Blue Team exercises and tools used (mimikatz, Metasploit, bloodhound etc…)
- Experience with network and security forensic analysis is a plus
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, Network Analysis and Troubleshooting, Network Security and threat mitigation
- Experience with network & security architecture, and network & security operations
- SOC Operations background/experience
- Identify and qualify technical opportunities independently
- Familiar with consultative selling principles
- Has performed discovery sessions with customers and capture deliverables to develop an engagement plan that outlines use cases that map to success criteria
- Has an understanding of the various roles within a security team and the additional stakeholders that impact decisions on technology investments
- Understands SOC Process and Procedures and has an understanding of workflow processes
- Has some insight into the challenges that security teams face on a Day to Day basis
- Understands the business stakeholders that are involved in the decision
- making process and what is key for them when deciding on a security solution
- Helps influence sales strategy and determine viability of an opportunity and help map out political structure
- Has sector based knowledge that could be leveraged to help drive our story telling and produce anecdotes that could be leveraged during the sales cycle
- Provides ideas on a quarterly basis ways to help generate pipeline and is proactive in their region on a quarter by quarter basis
- Understands how to apply those principals as they engage with prospects
- Can tell a compelling story when presenting (slides) or demoing a solution
- Shows leadership within their role via mentoring, creating content that can be leveraged by the primary specialist team as well as the regional SA teams.
- demonstrations to both small and large audiences
- Experience with responding to RFI and RFP’s for technical solutions
- Participate in trade shows and conferences
- Manage successful remote and onsite product evaluations
- A willingness to travel 15% within region, as well as occasionally internationally.
“Once I started, I was blown away to realize, what was always so obvious, everything is search. Anything you do with data involves search, every app needs search, even analytics are about search. Daily I am blown away with the types of things our users and customers are doing with search.” Director of Product, Elastic.
Why this team?
“We question the status quo, debate the best ways to accomplish our goals and hold ourselves and our teams to the highest standards of performance. We take pride in our ability to understand our customers needs and make recommendations that are based on extensive global experience across multiple use cases. We learn from our mistakes and losses and celebrate our successes with an eye towards constant improvement. Join this team if you are up for a compassionate, understanding and fair environment where you can really grow into the next phase of your career.” VP WW Solution Architecture, Elastic
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match donations 1:1 up to $1500 USD (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
We welcome individuals with disabilities and strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all individuals. To request an accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org We will reply to your request within 24 business hours of submission.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.