Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
As a Solution Architect at Elastic you will serve as a technical authority and trusted advisor to our sales team, customers, partners, and community. You will understand and solve our customer’s business issues with the Elastic Stack, engage the regional Elastic community through events and programs, and enable sales through our Partners. A successful SA at Elastic will be focused on excellence; taking the initiative to improve both themselves and the team through continuous learning and questioning the status quo.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Serving as the technical leader for your accounts and account managers in your assigned territory.
- Developing a deep understanding of customers’ goals and objectives, and articulating how our offerings address their needs when they do.
- Creating and owning value based relationships at all levels in customer organizations.
- Actively participating in all phases of planning and execution for your territory, from initial discovery to the technical win.
- Developing and maintaining a deep understanding of the Elastic products and solutions to demonstrate the value of our offerings in sales meetings, and at events such as meetups and conferences.
- Working with customers and partners to design data flow architectures, data lifecycles, and hardware specifications that integrate Elastic products with existing environments and align costs with performance requirements.
- Onboarding, educating, enabling, and supporting our partners throughout the sales cycle and project implementation.
- Creating collateral, leading webinars, enabling others, and collaborating with other Elasticians to meet client needs and broader team needs.
- Being the voice of the customer and community to communicate needs and gaps, and advocate for product enhancements to our engineering and leadership teams.
- Deepening both your sales and technical skills through self driven education while taking advantage of all the professional development opportunities provided by Elastic.
What You Will Bring Along:
- A current TS/SCI with a FS poly.
- A track record of success in a technical presales or consulting role; enough experience selling and implementing technology to earn your customers’ trust.
- A broad understanding of IT systems, technologies, architectures, products, and industry trends.
- A demonstrable ability to articulate and sell the benefits of modern platforms, software, and technologies.
- An innate curiosity and a drive to continuously learn. You are someone that invests in yourself as much as you invest in your professional relationships.
- A history of successful customer relations where you developed an understanding of what made a difference, and devised architectures that helped meet a goal, tackle a problem, or outpace competitors.
- An ability to influence. Have you convinced people to try out an idea, select a technology, or commit to an architectural pattern?
- The ability to inspire groups, both large and small.
- Experience working in the US IC mission space.
- A willingness to travel 30%, as well as occasionally internationally.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email email@example.com.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.