Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
We are looking for an outstanding revenue recognition technical leader with a proven track record to join our software revenue recognition team. You will be a critical part of a global team in a rapidly growing software company which operates with 20+ subsidiaries and a truly global client base.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Ensure revenue can be accurately accounted for under US GAAP rules (ASC 606, Revenue From Contracts With Customers) and IFRS rules and ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements for the revenue team
- Lead a team in the timely execution of accounting closing activities for areas of responsibility, including working with teams outside the accounting department to establish and communicate deadlines that support the consolidated close calendar deadlines
- Identify and lead process improvement efforts to ensure improved efficiency of the department's processes and support company growth while enhancing the internal control environment
- Partner with the Senior Director, Revenue Operations and other senior leaders in the finance organization to ensure that revenue processes support and integrate into the overall finance processes
- Partner with the sales team to evolve deal structure to maximize revenue recognition outcomes for Elastic and collaborate with sales to build business process improvements including sales deal desk and understanding and maximizing the impact of new business model implementations
- Increase the awareness of software revenue recognition rules across the Company through training and presentations
- Review, refine and prepare documentation around processes and accounting conclusions for areas of responsibility
- Collaborate with senior leadership on all revenue recognition matters, present software revenue recognition topics on occasion to the Audit Committee
- Exhibit flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities and assignments as needed
What You Bring Along:
- Demonstrated deep technical understanding of ASC 606
- Detailed experience of implementing and managing software revenue recognition under ASC 606, ideally RevPro
- Demonstrable experience of collaboration with sales, and experience of working with sales to build processes and influence deal structure
- Demonstrable experience of building and maintaining procedures in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley
- Strong presentational, superior verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to thrive and effectively lead an organization in a rapidly growing and fast paced environment
- Analytical mindset with an emphasis on building and designing scalable processes
- Attention to detail and a commitment to quality throughout the revenue recognition process
- Experience of SaaS and revenue project accounting a plus
- Strong computer skills – Expert level MS Excel skills including extensive experience with pivot tables and VLOOKUPs; proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint or equivalent Google Apps.
- Big 4 Public Accounting experience to Senior Manager, highly desired
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
The typical starting Total Cash Compensation range for new hires in this role is between $149,300 and $205,300, which consists of a Base Salary or a Base Salary plus a Target Commission, depending on the specific role. The Base Salary offered may vary depending on factors including skills and experience.
Additionally, this role is currently eligible to participate in Elastic’s equity plan as well as a range of health & wellbeing, retirement savings, and other benefits within a holistic total rewards offering.
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.